Saturday, August 9, 2008

Welcome to Mama Savin Big

There are so many ways to save out there but not everyone has the time to pick apart weekly ads and search they Internet so that is why I am here. I save a ton of money every week and stock up on all kinds of products including toothpaste, baby items, cereal and cleaners just to name a few. I buy all name brand for great prices and shop several different retailers weekly.

Here is an example of my great savings-these products came from Walgreens, Target and CVS. My total was $14.72 for all and I bought many of the items at Target where my total came to .33 cents!!!
Photobucket
What I have noticed about a lot of retailers including cvs, rite aid, walgreens, kroger, walmart and target for example, is that some or all of them offer weekly promotions that coincide w/ coupons from the Sunday paper. They may offer them the same week the coupons come out or w/in the month or so the coupons come out. That means that you have to scour the weekly ads when you get the paper and match your coupons old and new to it-I make lists for what I am going to get at each store and what it should cost me and put the coupons in an envelope with the stores name on it. I am going to try to make it easier for you all that don't have time to scour ads and the web by summarizing all the deals and matchups that I find! For me it makes sense to shop different stores because they are all in the same close proximity so I don't waste a lot of gas in the process!


Now here is a breakdown of how CVS and Walgreen deals work.

CVS-offers great sales and discounts with their Extra Care Card program that you can sign up for in the store and use immediately. You can earn what is called Extra Care Bucks on certain purchases weekly and monthly. These are like cash in the store and you can not only combine manufacturer coupons but also use these ECBs to purchase other items that give ECBs. They print on your receipts so you must keep the receipts. Yesterday, I purchased items that I had coupons for, that were on sale and that would offer me $10 worth of ECB. In my next transaction I used more coupons on sale items and my $10 of ECB and they actually owed me money so I had to pick something else out!!! The products that can earn you ECB's are always listed in their ads and are labeled in the store so plan ahead like I did to see how many ECB you will earn. ECBs have an expiration date so be sure to use them before they expire. They take their own, Internet, and sunday insert coupons. but each store is slightly different.

Walgreens-offers great promotions every week as well. They also often times have coupons in their ad that you will need to clip to get the sale price. They will accept their coupons along with manufacturer coupons on the same item which =more savings. They also have what is called an Easy Saver catalog that is printed monthly and those coupons can be used w manufacturers coupons as well so you can get great savings w that too. You can find the Easy Saver catalog in stores or you can print the catalog off of Walgreens website. For example this Febreze deal-Use $1.50 printable and $1.50 EasySaver coupon = free because Febreze is on sale! Also, sign up at Walgreens because from time to time you will receive special "one day only" coupons for example, save $5 on a $20 purchase!

Keep in mind with coupons that when you have a Buy 1 get 1 Free or 50% sale going on you can use two manufacturers coupons in most cases unless the coupon is save on any 2 products. Here is an example-Cheerios Cereal at Kroger this week is B1G1 free-I have 2 save $1.00 off Cheerios coupons so I will save a total of $2 off the box of cereal I am actually paying for!
At CVS if there is a BOGO sale like w the cover girl makeup this week and you have a BOGO covergirl coupon you will get BOTH items for free and just pay the tax. I had an issue w one clerk at CVS saying they weren't allowed to do that but I called their 1800 number and was told that yes they can accept BOGO coupons on a BOGO sales.
Tomorrow is Sunday which equals more great savings!!
Here are a few sites that offer printable coupons to get ya started! Also, signing up at product websites like Dove for example will usually allow you some printable coupons-try to print two if you can and that will help with future BOGO or B1G1 50% offers!

Tomorrow is Sunday so make sure to clip all those coupons from the paper!

3 comments:

Mandy Greene said...

I will be checking here daily to see what I can save. From babycenter Feb. board

hannicah said...

I've saved you in my favorites. I love to save money, so keep up all the good advice!

Susan said...

Great idea for a blog. I'll definitely be back, I'm from the baby center feb 08 board. If you're interested, I've recently started a blog, and we could exchange links, I'll list you in my blogroll. See http://newcorporatemom.blogspot.com/